The Gillen Brewer School’s mission is to educate and support our students to become confident, independent and engaged learners. We do this by:
- Partnering with our families.
- Providing a nurturing and supportive environment where children feel accepted and where learning is fun.
- Encouraging our students to advocate for themselves while being respectful and responsible members of the community.
- Engaging our students in a comprehensive 12-month academic curriculum which incorporates the Common Core New York State Standards, while addressing the individual learning needs of each child.
- Providing developmentally appropriate educational opportunities and challenges for our students.
- Integrating speech and language, occupational therapy and counseling services into our educational program.
- Cultivating educators who value a team approach and an ongoing commitment to learning.
- Moving children to a less restrictive educational setting when appropriate.