Advice from the Alumni Panel
In June, nine alumni came back to Gillen Brewer to address a full room of current students, parents, and alumni parents. They shared their own experiences and answered questions from students and parents, on topics such as making friends, sports, clubs, and managing first-day anxiety. Each panelist was also asked to give a piece of advice to moving-on students, and here are some of their pearls of wisdom:
- Choose friends that you think are good people and good influences.
- Be yourself.
- Be independent.
- Do not be scared of the unknown.
- Make your own choices.
- Be friendly. Go up to someone and say hi, even if you're shy.
- Be yourself and don't worry about what other people think.
- Be calm.
- If you make a mistake or get angry, let it go as much as you can.
The Danny Fiddle Alumni Event will take place in Fall 2017. We will provide the date on this page and via email as soon as it is available. Email us to indicate your interest or to confirm your email address to receive updates. Click here for more information about the event and our speaker Michael John Carley.
Alumnus Michael Rock shared his story at the Gillen Brewer 25th anniversary Benefit, watch the video below.