We are currently accepting applications for:
We are currently accepting Early Childhood Assistant Teacher applications for an immediate opening for this 2016-2017 school year. The position is in one of our early school-age classrooms and is full time. Please send your resume and cover letter to Cathy Kaufman Iger.
The Gillen Brewer School seeks a detail-oriented professional with excellent organizational and analytical skills to manage the school’s day-to-day general accounting functions. The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, preparing journal entries, managing daily A/P and A/R functions, bank deposits, account analysis, preparation of 1099s, maintaining fixed assets schedules and inventory, and providing assistance during year-end audit process. This is a full-time position reporting to the Controller/CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Three to five years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in nonprofit/independent school sector.
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting principles, standards, and procedures.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Experience with FundEZ accounting software strongly preferred.
- High level of professionalism and integrity in dealing with confidential issues; ability to work independently, and execute sound reasoning and judgment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Sharon Slate. No recruiters, no phone calls.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Gillen Brewer School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.