We are currently accepting applications for:
Occupational TherapistThe Gillen Brewer School is looking for a full-time occupational therapist to join our team beginning in September of 2017, with the possibility of summer work in 2017 to be determined. We are looking for a dynamic individual with a strong background in sensory integration and a passion for working with children with special needs between the ages of 2-10 years old. Experienced OT preferred who thrives in a multidisciplinary team environment. The school has two state of the art sensory gyms and direct supervision is provided. The Gillen Brewer School offers a competitive salary, continuing education and excellent benefits package. Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
An immediate opening for this 2016-2017 school year. The position is in one of our early school-age classrooms and is full time. Please send your resume and cover letter to Cathy Kaufman Iger.
The Admissions Associate is a full time, 12 month administrative position at The Gillen Brewer School. The Admissions Associate reports directly to the Director of Admissions.
The Admissions Associate assists the Admissions Director with all aspects of the admissions and recruitment process. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as first contact for email and phone admissions inquires
- Manage admissions database to create and track applicant files
- Schedule school visits and admissions interviews
- Organize parent and professional open houses
- Assist in preparing admissions reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor's degree
- Strong ability to communicate in person and in writing and be able to speak to groups.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in admissions is preferred but not required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Joe Surak. No recruiters, no phone calls.
The Gillen Brewer School seeks a detail-oriented professional with excellent organizational and analytical skills to manage the school’s day-to-day general accounting functions. The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, preparing journal entries, managing daily A/P and A/R functions, bank deposits, account analysis, preparation of 1099s, maintaining fixed assets schedules and inventory, and providing assistance during year-end audit process. This is a full-time position reporting to the Controller/CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Three to five years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in nonprofit/independent school sector.
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting principles, standards, and procedures.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Experience with FundEZ accounting software strongly preferred.
- High level of professionalism and integrity in dealing with confidential issues; ability to work independently, and execute sound reasoning and judgment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Sharon Slate. No recruiters, no phone calls.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Gillen Brewer School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.