We believe that children learn best in an environment where they feel safe and accepted and where learning is fun.
We accomplish this by:
- Differentiated instruction to meet each student’s individual learning needs
- Integrated, multidisciplinary approach to engage students and make learning more meaningful
- Embedding skills learned through Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy, and Counseling sessions into student’s learning experiences and environment
- School-Home Partnership Program including:
- Parent/Caregiver Support Groups
- Parent/Caregiver Workshops
- Sibling Workshops
- Grandparents’ Day Workshop
- Adherence to the New York State Common Core Standards
- Implementing the HighScope approach where active learners have direct, hands-on experiences with people, objects, and events that encourage them to think, imagine, and problem-solve. They construct an understanding of their world and the people around them as they make choices based on their interests and follow through on their plans and decisions.
- Promoting a healthy body and mind by emphasizing healthy snacks and lunches, appropriate hygiene, and exercise in our sensory gyms, rooftop playground, the playground at Asphalt Green (School-Age students only), as well as other parks in the community.
- Curriculum Enrichment
- Support Services