Turning 5: Your Child's Options and Rights in 2021
Sarah Birnbaum, of New York Special Needs Support, will team up with David Salsberg, PsyD and Laura Tagliareni, PhD, neuropsychologists from Pediatric Assessment, Learning & Support (PALS), to offer a kindergarten transition workshop hosted by Gillen Brewer School.
Date: Thursday, October 29
Time: 6:30 PM
Does your child receive preschool special education services? Will he or she enter kindergarten in the fall of 2021?
What kind of elementary program will be right for your child? What are your rights and options?
This presentation is aimed at families of kids born in 2016 and starting kindergarten in fall 2021 and will cover topics such as:
- Learning your educational options, public and private
- Obtaining the best evaluations and guidance
- Finding an appropriate kindergarten program
- Understanding your legal rights
- Advocating and creating an IEP for your child at your Turning 5 meeting
- Understanding how the COVID-19 health emergency may impact your Turning 5 year
"Every parent heading into Turning 5 should attend Sarah's workshop."
–Parent Feedback, Fall 2019 Presentation